Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A new start..


After months of pretending like this blog doesnt exist I've decided to give it new life, before when I started to write here I didnt have a computer, which honestly is not much different then the situation I'm in now, how ever I do have more access and plan to give this blog the care and attention it truley deserves, when we left off I was moving back to the shitty little city FAll River, MA. To catch up yes I'm still residing here, sleeping on my mothers couch, and once again working at subway but always looking for a better opportunity or maybe just a new one, who knows. Also to be clear Fall River is my home an I've never loved a place more,
Anyways last time I wrote It was still summer and my friend courtneys summer gift shopt (The Beach Hut) was still open on Cape in Dennis, Since then I sold all the inventory I gave her and made a good amount of profit which I'm proud of, how ever now that it's winter and I'm in fall river I've been on an endless quest to find new suitible venues, what I've found in my research is that fall river is a city waiting to be painted, there is a thriving art community here, and groups dedicated to Fall River arts but some how I still feel after all the efforts from the mayor and the people leading these coalitions the art scene is struggling to keep it's head above water, Fall River is a city full of hidden gems & treasures you have to take your time to find. In december the weekend before Christmas Brittany and I Rented out space at the local flea market and it was a complete bust we spent 20 and made maybe three dollars which was a dissapointment but not the hurdle, it was the wrong venue full of people shopping for dollar store items for fifty cents which is fine with me but alsoleaves me looking for something I started a face book group call Life Out'a Lemons Handmade Designs, Gifts and crafts. ( a name my boyfriend hates lol) and would like anyone who reads or follows my blog to check it out..and there it is the upward or downhill battle to make something of what I do in the past few months, thanks for reading

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=173111389395480&set=a.173111186062167.33222.173109526062333#!/pages/Life-Outa-Lemons-Handmade-designs-gifts-crafts/173109526062333

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment